The Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay's Global Cuisine Series is Back
Jun 06, 2018 11:41AM
By Fran Miller
Chef Dominique Crenn
Foodies and fans of The Ritz-Carlton won’t want to miss The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay’s second Global Cuisine Series, held varied weekends through the end of the year. Featuring guest chefs from some of San Francisco’s most iconic restaurants (and a couple beyond the Bay), the series is offered exclusively to Ritz-Carlton Rewards, Marriott Rewards and SPG Rewards Members. It’s easy to sign-up, and it’s worth it!
The package features a one-night stay in a Coastal View room, an intimate hands-on cooking class with the famed chef for up to 16 guests and is followed by a wine-paired luncheon where guests have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to sit down with and get to know the guest chef.
The Ritz-Carlton’s Executive Chef Xavier Salomon created the series based on inspiration from his globe-trotting travels and experience with exceptional cuisines by chefs of diverse backgrounds and cultures. “Through my travels around the world, I had the privilege of experiencing cuisine by chefs who were passionate about creating menus that brought to life their family heritage but with their own interpretation and modern take and I wanted to share this experience with our guests,” said Salomon.
The 2018 Global Cuisine Series debuted with Tanya Holland, Top Chef Contestant and Executive Chef of Oakland’s Brown Sugar Kitchen and Louis Tikaram, named a “Young Chef to Watch” by Condé Nast Traveler and Executive Chef of Los Angeles’ E.P. & L.P. The upcoming schedule includes:
- Friday, June 22 – Sunday, June 24 - Jason Fox of Michelin Star Commonwealth, San Francisco presents Progressive Californian cuisine
- Friday, July 27 – Sunday, July 29 - Edgar Agbayani of Dumpling Time, San Francisco named San Francisco’s Best Dumplings by EaterSF presents Asian-Inspired Dumplings
- Friday, August 3 – Sunday, August 5 - Dean Fearing of Fearing’s, Dallas, known as the ‘Father of Southwestern Cuisine’ and winner of the Silver Spoon Award by Food Artspresents Southwestern cuisine
- Friday, September 21 – Sunday, September 23 - Jackson Yu of Michelin Star Omakase, San Francisco presents Edomae-Style Sushi
- Friday, October 26 – Sunday, October 28 - Dominique Crenn of Two Michelin Star Atelier Crenn and Petit Crenn and awarded World's Best Female Chef by San Pellegrino's 50 Best presents Brittany-Inspired French cuisine
- Friday, November 16 – Sunday, November 18 - Pastry Chef Celine Plano of acclaimed Pascaline Fine Catering, Sebastopol presents Simple and Delicious Pastries
- Friday, December 14 – Sunday, December 16 - Gonzalo Guzman of Nopalito, San Francisco awarded Three Stars by the San Francisco Chronicle presents Regional Mexican
In addition to interactive activities, the guest chef will showcase two signature dishes on the Friday night tasting menu at the resort’s signature restaurant Navio in collaboration with Chef de Cuisine Jason Pringle as well as a pop-up station at Navio’s acclaimed Sunday Brunch. Guests may opt to reserve these experiences separately from the package.
The Global Cuisine Series package at The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay is offered on the Marriott Moments and SPG Moments websites where rewards guests are invited to bid points to win this exclusive package. Each package includes an overnight stay, chef-led cooking class, luncheon, and $100 resort credit per night along with the resort fee and valet parking per night.