DAVID THOMAS ROBERTS Piano Concert, Contemporary Classical
An ambitious program of Roberts' original piano compositions, reflecting a composing and concertizing career spanning 4 decades.
Contemporary Classical composer-pianist, long-established recording artist, and member of the Contra Costa Performing Arts Society Composers Group, David Thomas Roberts, will perform an ambitious program of his original piano compositions, reflecting a composing and concertizing career spanning 4 decades. The concert will feature the World Premiere of Nocturne No. 2, a Neoromantic work dedicated to Dr. Toril Jelter.
Admission is free; donations by cash or check very appreciated. CDs, sheet music and art prints will be available. David's original visual art will also be on display.
What people are saying…
“David Thomas Roberts brings a very special voice to American music – as composer, as pianist, as historian and critic. I have long valued his work in all its various facets...” Joshua Rifkin, conductor, pianist, scholar (1987)
“David Thomas Roberts’ Discovery is wonderful and shows his ever continuing evolution as a composer and pianist.—” George Winston, composer-pianist (2005)
“David Thomas Roberts is the most important composer of this half-century in America—”
Al Rose, historian, biographer (1986)
“His work enchants the ear and eye like no other artist. It is a singular experience in multiple realms - a source of wonder and mysterious seduction for the ages."
Jake Berry, poet, musician and visual artist (2016)
As a composer/pianist David Thomas Roberts…
- Has concertized from major cities in Japan to Oslo Concert Hall to New York City’s 92nd Street Y and throughout the U.S., for over four decades.
- Has composed over 150 solo piano works, as well as a variety of art songs, chamber, choral, and electronic compositions.
- Has been heard from Good Morning America to NPR's All Things Considered and across Canada on CBC Radio.
- Has accompanied the Oakland Ballet.
As a visual artist, David Thomas Roberts…
- Has been featured in the leading Visionary and Outsider Art magazine, Raw Vision.
- Specializes in mixed media on paper and oil on canvas.
- Was recently featured in the Hickory (North Carolina) Museum of Art New Horizons — Self Taught Art in the 21st Century show.
Date & Time
May 11, 2018
7:30PM - 9:30PM
925 942 0440
Free Admission. Donations by cash or check appreciated.