Stay at home fuel
Boost every moment with versatile peanut butter
Whether you’re a fitness junkie, busy parent, sleep-deprived student or a diehard sweet tooth, there are no shortage of ways to pack peanut butter into diverse dishes:
- Add peanut butter to your favorite fruit smoothie for a nutty new flavor.
- Go beyond PB & J and stir it into yogurt.
- Spread it on bread with honey.
- Add peanut butter to a sauce or salad dressing for an extra zip of flavor.
Find more creative ways to celebrate this versatile ingredient at peanutbutterlovers.com. Enhance your weekly menu with these clever recipes.
Veggie Sammies with Peanut Butter Satay Sauce
- 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 2 French baguette rolls (6 inches each)
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup white onion
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, lime juice, water, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and sriracha. Mix well.
- Spread sauce on both sides of bread then layer with cucumber, onion and bell pepper. Top with cabbage and cilantro leaves.
Graceland Mini Cupcakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 large egg white, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Peanut Butter Filling:
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line cupcake tins with paper liners and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- To make batter: in a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine and set aside. In a small bowl, mash bananas and add sour cream. Mix well and set aside.
- Using an electric hand mixer, beat butter, oil and sugar until incorporated, about 3-5 minutes. Add eggs, egg white, and vanilla. Mix until combined. Slowly add half the dry ingredients and mix. Add sour cream and banana mixture then gently fold into batter. Add rest of dry ingredients until combined.
- Spoon batter into lined cupcake pans. Bake 18-20 minutes and let cool.
- After cooling about 30-45 minutes, use a paring knife to cut small circles in the middle of cupcakes, creating a well about halfway down cupcake. Add peanut butter to piping bag and fill each hole. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, dredge both sides of bacon slices in brown sugar. Place on foil-lined baking sheet; bake 10 minutes. Flip and bake another 6-8 minutes. Remove bacon from oven and place on plate to cool. Once cool, chop bacon and set aside.
- To make the frosting: in a large bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, peanut butter, and vanilla extract. Mix until combined. Add confectioners’ sugar and mix combine.
- Add frosting to piping bag. Pipe a dollop of frosting onto each cupcake and sprinkle with candied bacon pieces.
Peanut Apple Chicken Curry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 3/4 cups apple juice
- 1 3/4 cups coconut milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cooked rice (optional)
- To make sauce: In medium to large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, curry powder and scallions. Saute 1 minute.
- Add peanut butter, vinegar, apple juice, coconut milk, brown sugar, and cayenne. Bring to simmer, reduce heat and cook over low heat, stirring frequently, about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil. Add onion and stir fry 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken and apples, and stir until chicken is cooked completely. Add peanut sauce and cook about 2-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve warm over rice.