SF’s Top of the Mark: 12 Delicious Reasons to Go There Now
Nov 09, 2017 08:30AM
By Fran Miller
BY FRAN ENDICOTT MILLER
Perhaps you go for the spectacular 360° views. Maybe you like the old-school, nostalgic ambience that evokes the glamour of an earlier time. Whatever your reason for favoring the Top of the Mark, the 19th floor rooftop lounge at the venerable InterContinental Mark Hopkins, there are now 12 more justifications for taking a stroll up Nob Hill.
With its 12 Cocktails of Christmas menu, the Top of the Mark offers a scrumptious way to end a day of harried holiday shopping. Relax and unwind as you gaze out upon the twinkling city lights while enjoying a creative cocktail served in a classic martini glass adorned with a dangling Top of the Mark commemorative charm that is yours to keep. With this many choices, you may need to try more than one:
- On the first day of Christmas, my true love sent to me: A Partridge in a Pear Tree Martini with Grey Goose la poire, fresh lemon juice, and a splash of ginger ale.
- On the second day: Two Turtle Doves Martini with Smirnoff vanilla vodka, Kahlua, white Godiva liqueur, and Bailey’s Irish Cream.
- On the third day: Three French Hens Martini with Grey Goose, Lilet Blanc, and lemon peel.
- On the fourth day: Four Calling Birds Martini with Purity vodka, fresh lemon juice, peppermint schnapps, and mint leaf.
- On the fifth day: Five Golden Rings Martini with Goldschlager cinnamon schnapps, Bailey’s Irish Cream, and butterscotch schnapps.
- On the sixth day: Six Geese a-Laying Martini with Absolut orange, Campari, fresh orange juice, and grenadine.
- On the seventh day: Seven Swans a-Swimming Martini with white chocolate Godiva liqueur, Purity vodka, and white crème de menthe.
- On the eighth day: Eight Maids a-Milking Martini with espresso shot, Smirnoff vanilla vodka, Kahlua, and cream.
- On the ninth day: Nine Ladies Dancing Martini with Smirnoff vanilla vodka, Frangelico, ginger bear, and a dark rum float.
- On the tenth day: Ten Lords a-Leaping Martini with cranberry juice, Chambord, Smirnoff vanilla vodka, and fresh raspberries.
- On the eleventh day: Eleven Pipers Piping Martini with dark chocolate Godiva liqueur, peppermint schnapps, Goldschlager cinnamon schnapps, and cream.
- On the twelfth day: Twelve Drummers Drumming Martini with Bulleit bourbon, Grand Marnier, sweet vermouth, and orange bitters.
The Top of the Mark at the InterContinental Mark Hopkins
999 California St, San Francisco, CA 94108